Black Friday & Holiday Safety Tips
As retailers start to roll out the upcoming deals for consumers, scammers and crooks start to map out their plans of attack as well.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Keep your purse zipped and close to you. Deter pickpockets.
• Do not buy more than you can carry. Bring a friend or ask the store for help.
• Shop online with companies you trust. Remember, if a deal sounds too good to be true, usually it is.
• Save all receipts to verify against statements.
• Wait until asked before taking our your credit card or checkbook. Watch for the shoulder surfers!
• Have your keys in hand when approaching your car and always check the back seat before entering.
• Do not leave packages visible.
• Make sure cell phones are on and fully charged to stay in touch with your group.
• Be traffic aware. Buckle up, watch for pedestrains and obey all traffic laws.